I’m linking up to a couple of different posts today. Then I’ll tell you about more fun linkups at the end! Warning: this post is heavy on words and light on pictures!
The Modern Quilt Guild is hosting a linky party for those of us attending QuiltCon in just a couple of weeks. It’s a fun way for us to share pictures of ourselves so we can recognize each other when we meet in person. I’m also introducing myself for the Thinky Thursday linky party. Here are 5 things you may not know about me:
1. I signed up to go to QuiltCon all by myself with no roommate or traveling buddy. No, I’m not a loner. It’s just when I first heard about QuiltCon in August, I had never met or talked to any modern quilters before so I didn’t know a soul. I just knew I had to go to QuiltCon and make some modern quilts. In the few months since, I have met many online friends through their blogs, gotten one of my quilts juried into QuiltCon and now officially consider myself a modern quilter!
2. I’ve been quilting since I was 20, (a year after I got married) but sometimes feel like I’m still a beginner. It took me about 10 years to figure out stippling and another 10 to finally give starching a try. But this is the year I make up for lost time, LOL!!
3. I turn 40 this year. I had to put that in there because sometimes I feel a little “sandwiched” in between the younger modern crowd, and the more experienced ‘quiltie ladies’ from my guild as I call them, (some old enough to be friends with my grandmother). But I love them all!
4. My husband and I work full-time from home running our online quilt shop. We also homeschool our 3 kids. Yes, we get in each other’s way and step on toes quite a bit so it’s kind of a crazy lifestyle. But we are in charge, so we love it! (We both used to be accountants so we know that a hard day at home is better than a great day at the office!)
5. I hated writing papers in college but I love to blog about quilting! Ok, that one is sort of cheesy but what it really means is that sometimes I can be a little long-winded. That’s the beauty of written thoughts. I can write pages and pages of blog thoughts and then edit them down to one or two simple posts. And yes, this is the shortened edited version, LOL!!
So now that I’ve shared where I’m linking up, I wanted to include the following linky parties that I have come across in my blog travels.
They are all sewing and quilting related, and I can spend hours browsing through them and finding tons of inspiration. Just click the images to go that blog and enjoy!
If you have any other fun quilt-related linkups you participate in, just let me know!