I am a very goal-oriented person and I work well with to-do lists, schedules and check boxes. At the end of last year, I made a list of Quilting Goals and I get a certain sense of satisfaction when I can cross something off my list and move onto the next item.
Today, I get to put a “done” next to my goal of improving my blog. Jason and I have worked really hard over the last few weeks to update and organize the blog so it’s easier to read and more fun to follow!
Here are just a few things we’ve accomplished:
- Renamed the blog url to ChristaQuiltsBlog.com. It’s still located on WordPress and the old links will still work. But it makes it easier for Google and others to find me!
- Set up the domain ChristasQuiltAlong.com. It points to my blog with a page set up exclusively for my quilt alongs. Now you can find them all in one place!
- Cleaned up the sidebar so it shows organized, pertinent information and links.
- Have now attracted over 1000 blog followers - can we make it 2000?
- Added links at the top to more easily find my tutorials, quilt alongs, and flickr group with more to come!
- Reorganized my blog categories to make them easier to find and read.
- Added a button for other bloggers to spread the word about my quilt along:
<div align="center"><a href="http://christasquiltalong.com" title="Christa's Quilt Along" target="_blank"><img src="http://christaquilts.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/christas-quilt-along-175-2.png" alt="Christa's Quilt Along" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Wow! It felt really good to check that off my list.