New Block of the Month for 2014 – For the Love of Sewing

Since I’m not planning any new quilt alongs for 2014, I thought it would be fun to share what my friends are doing instead! Alyssa from Pile O’ Fabric is hosting a fabulous new quilt along, “For the Love of Sewing” consisting of 15 blocks, finishing at 52″ x 56″.

2014 Skillbuilder

I participated in Alyssa’s 2013 skillbuilder quilt along which was just fantastic! She covered many of the basics including piecing and quilting and it was a great chance to practice piecing modern blocks. Here are some of the blocks I made for the 2013 BOM:

Skillbulder BOM

And here are a couple of my quilted blocks from earlier in the year. Doesn’t this look fun?

Magnum, QuiltedSoundwave - Quilted

Alyssa’s BOM’s are incredibly thorough and detailed. She’ll walk you through step by step on how to piece and quilt each block using quilt-as-you-go methods. New for this year, she’s set up an online “sewing room” platform consisting of video tutorials, downloadable PDFs and all the instruction you need to make this fabulous quilt.

She’s charging a nominal fee of $25 for the entire year which means you’ll have exclusive access to each monthly step! It’s quite a deal if I may say so myself. :-)

Skillbuilder BOM

Click here to join the fun and get ready for a terrific new quilt in 2014!

This entry was posted in Quilt Alongs, Quilt Events, Quilting Classes, Tutorials and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to New Block of the Month for 2014 – For the Love of Sewing

1. Mary says:

Thanks for the information. Your quilting looks so awesome.

2. Wendy Rubbo says:

Love the 2014 bom quilt, but my lack of FMQ skills prevent me from quilting something like this. Will miss your QALs this year, Christa.

3. Carolina says:

I love your 2013 blocks, and that 2014 quilt looks like so much fun. But I’m quietly chanting over here… “I do not need a new project, I do not need a new project…” sigh. :P

4. Your blocks are wonderful, Christa! Really makes that quilt along tempting! Love the sewing room theme!

5. Kim M says:

Gah – So many fun things to join! I sure hope I can find time for all of the sewing I want to do next year!

6. I did the 2013 and am already signed up for 2014. I agree with you, Alyssa is great at teaching :) Too bad you won’t be playing along this coming year, though!

7. Alyssa says:

Thank you so much for sharing! I love how your 2013 blocks turned out. Maybe you can make a little mini wall hanging :)

8. Pingback: A Paid Skill-Builder BOM | Quilt Block of the Month

9. dezertsuz says:

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to go take a look and then post it on quilt bom.