Are you in the mood to create a sweet quilt for that special someone in time for Valentine’s Day? Then how about making my Hugs ‘N Kisses quilt? Just pick up a Jelly Roll of your favorite fabric line and some background fabric and you are good to go!
Since I don’t have any new quilt alongs scheduled for the next few months, I thought I would share this one with you. I’ve had so many new followers join my blog since last year (lots of hugs and thanks to you all!), that many are seeing this quilt for the first time.
Hugs and Kisses is an updated version of a previous quilt from 12+ years ago. I made the original quilt in spicy reds, oranges and yellows for my husband who is hot stuff! The newer version in soft pretty pinks (with all x blocks) was made for my sweet daughter.
Kits are available, while supplies last and they are on sale at 30% off the original price!
Hugs ‘N Kisses Stats:
- Finished Size: 48″ x 64″
- Completed: April 2013
- Pieced and Quilted: on my Bernina 1630
- Fabrics: BasicGrey Kissing Booth and Kona Snow Jelly Rolls (plus scraps)
- Piecing Thread: Superior Masterpiece, 50wt Cotton
- Quilting Thread: Glide High Sheen Polyester, Cream
- Batting: Legacy 100% Wool
- Quilting Design: FMQ Flowers in the O’s with Serpentine Lines Quilted Across the X’s with a Walking Foot
- Binding: By Hand
- Total Sewing Time: 47 Hours
Quilt Along Tutorials – Click the Links Below for Each Step:
- Step 1 – Supply List
- Step 2 – Fabric and Design
- Step 3 – Making the Blocks
- Step 4 – Sewing X’s and O’s
- Step 5 – Finishing the Top
- Step 6 – Piecing the Back
- Step 7 – Pin Basting
- Step 8 – Stitch in the Ditch
- Step 9 – Decorative FMQ
- Step 10 – Extra Quilting
- Step 11 – Binding
Copyright © 2013 ChristaQuilts Inc., for personal use only.