Craftsy Guest Post – Tips on Free Motion Quilting

Did you know that Craftsy has a blog? And did you know that a lot of bloggers I follow share their knowledge there? I’ve been reading Craftsy’s blog for a few months now, especially the posts related to quilting because I can always learn something new. :-)

I was invited to contribute a post this week, writing about my favorite subject, machine quilting. Click here to read my blog entry and hopefully pick up a tip or two for yourself!

2014_cq_background_texxture

All of of the pictures I shared in the post came from tutorials and quilt alongs I’ve shared on my blog. It was fun to gather them together and use them to illustrate some of my favorite machine quilting tips.

Happy reading and quilting!

This entry was posted in Publishing, Sew and Tell and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Craftsy Guest Post – Tips on Free Motion Quilting

1. great post, Christa! You know I absolutely admire your quilting, and that I quilt my own stuff too. I’ve been dipping my toes into some different FMQ designs, but they just haven’t made it onto a quilt yet!

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!
    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

2. Oh Christa, your stitches are definitely something to aspire to. Loved the Craftsy post, especially tips 8, 9 and 10. Great article, thank you for sharing!

3. Lindsey says:

You always amaze me at your fmq! I’ll be sure to check it out!

4. Connie Campbell says:

I am off to check it out, I always enjoy your posts!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

5. Jennifer @ Glinda Quilts says:

Beautiful FMQing – want to learn new FMQ styles this year – yours are brilliant and encouraging as they are done on a ‘home’ machine :)

6. kris says:

Your quilting looks great. I am mesmerized by people who can quilt big projects on home sewing machines. I don’t know what Bernina you have here but I know it is bigger than my 550 which has a throat plate of about 6″…no it is more but it feels like that as I can’t stuff anything in there. I will keep at it and check out the blog for some tips maybe!

7. kelly says:

Your quilting is gorgeous! Thanks for the helpful tips!

8. Jo says:

Oh my your quilting is just so lovely!

9. CeLynn says:

Thanks so much for sharing your tips,I for one sure can use all the help I can get!

10. wombatquilts says:

Thank you so much for the link… I love Craftsy and can not believe I did not know that they had a blog.

11. Shannon says:

Awesome FMQ & article! Also, thanks for sharing your link on my blog :)!

12. I’ve never attempted FMQ, so thanks for the tips. Have pinned for future reference.

13. Sherry says:

Always love seeing your free motion quilting. It is fantastic!

14. You know, I guess I “knew” Craftsy had a blog in that every business like that does, but I’ve never checked it out (too busy watching their classes! lol). I’ll have to go take a look : )

15. Marcy says:

Great, great tips. You do such creative and beautiful stitching..

16. cloudcoucou says:

Thanks for the great tips Christa. I’m thinking about how to arrange and quilt my city sampler and it’s giving me a headache!! This has helped. Your swirls are beautiful :)

17. Karen Seitz says:

I read your post on the Craftsy blog and came over here to say well done! I follow you as well, and I appreciate the knowledge and tips that you share.

18. dlbafamily@reagan.com says:

Your work is stunning!

19. Jayne says:

These tips will be remembered! Now to jump in!

20. Margaret A says:

Love the Craftsy blog! Congrats to you for being asked to guest post!! I have often thought that you would be a great Craftsy teacher and that they should ask you to teach a class. I’d sign up for a class taught by you in a heartbeat!

21. treadlemusic says:

I’ll have to check it out!! Love your quilting on this one!!! Hugs………………….

22. Thanks for sharing it.I now subscribed to the blog. Thanks again for all your tips and encouragement to quilt with your own machine.

23. Kay says:

Thanks so much for this! it is really helpful.

24. Look at you go! So happy for you :)

25. farmquilter says:

Never knew about that!!! Thanks for the heads up :) Now another place to go hunting and not get into the studio!!!!! Oh well…more inspiration, right??

26. Thanks for sharing your tips, Christa! And for being such an inspiration!