I’m Heading out on the Road to California – Hope to See You there!

I’m excitedly packing my bags and gathering my supplies for a fun-filled weekend of quilting and inspiration. :-) I’ll be attending the annual Road to California quilters conference and I’m super excited!

Quilting Vacation

Quilting Trips are the Best!

I’ve signed up for a full slate of classes, including Jacquie Gering’s improv class, plus several machine quilting classes from the likes of Karen McTavish, Gina Perkes and Debby Brown. I’m especially excited about attending a lecture on batting, plus I’ll get a chance to meet the ever-delightful Eleanor Burns.

Stich N Flip

Jacquie Gering Stitch and Flip Improv

Victorian Feathers

Karen McTavish Victorian Feathers

This is definitely an investment in my quilting education which will pay out rich rewards. Attending large events like this helps me to improve both my quilting skills and my teaching skills. I love to observe how professional teachers engage with their students, and I take mental notes on their tone and presentation style. I’ve never been disappointed yet!

Feathers and Fills

Gina Perkes Fantabulous Feathers and Fills

Feather Phobics

Debby Brown Feather Phobics Only

Are any of you planning on attending? It would be fun to bump into some friendly faces. I’ll be the short one with tons of enthusiasm and a big smile on her face! :-)

This entry was posted in Quilt Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I’m Heading out on the Road to California – Hope to See You there!

1. Alice says:

Learning new things is always great, but most of all—-HAVE FUN

2. Stacy says:

Have a great time Christa! We want to hear all about it when you get back.

3. Mary Ann says:

Have a great time! I will be looking forward to your blog posts about the classes you are taking. Take pictures too!

4. Renee says:

How awesome! I’m pretty jealous, those are some great teachers/quilters–look forward to hearing a full report when you get back!

5. Safe travels! Have a wonderful time – looking forward to hearing about and seeing what you learn in upcoming posts!

6. Lori Smanski says:

Have a great and safe time.

7. Pat S says:

Have a wonderful time. I took a stitch and flip workshop with Jacquie last year and loved it!!

8. Sandy Foster says:

Have a wonderful time, Christa! :)

9. Michele says:

I so wish that I could be there this year. That show is definitely on my bucket list but this year I will be attending MQX East instead. Let me know which classes you take from Gina and what you think of them when you are done. I’m considering a few that she is teaching at MQX.

10. Kim Sanderson says:

Arrived in Palm Springs from Calgary, Alberta, Canada yesterday – heading to Road2CA Thursday. Hope to run into you.

Boy..do I ever wish that I could meet you there. I know that you will have fun. Take notes and let us know what’s happening.

12. Joanne Moore says:

Will be there Thursday! Super excited that they opened the vendor mall an entire day earlier this year. I do not need one blasted thing but will come home with a few treasures I am sure. Always on the lookout for Japanese taupes. Have fun! I will certainly say hi if I see you. Took a class from Elinor Burns a few years back at Road. She is such fun. The class was overcrowded and frustrating for me but it was lovely to meet her!

13. GrandyKandy says:

I wish I was going! I was thinking you were going to teach there. If you did a class with the Sew & Quilt Expo I would absolutely sign up. Have fun!

• Christa says:

That is so sweet of you to say! I plan on researching teaching venues this year and visiting a lot of shows. Then I will try to hit the teaching circuit later in the year or early next year :-)

14. Leona says:

Are you flying? So many bags! I was at Road2CA two years ago and loved it. Have a great time.