Quilty Article – January/February 2014

This year is getting off to a great start! The January/February issue of Quilty includes my first feature article. To see my name listed among these other amazing quilting celebrities is a little surreal to say the least. (I’m just glad they shared a decent picture of me!)

Quilty January 2014

Quilty January/February 2014 Issue

Quilty is one of my favorite magazines, so when Mary Fons asked me to write an article about online quilting classes I jumped at the chance! It was interesting to see how they took my words and edited it to fit their magazine style and voice.

Quilty Article by Christa Watson

I hope you get a chance to read it and let me know what you think. For anyone new to Quilty, you can subscribe to the magazine here and you can read more about my cover quilt from last month’s issue here.

For a girl who absolutely hated writing papers in college, I guess you can say I’ve come a long way. I just needed to find the right topic! :-)

This entry was posted in Publishing, Sew and Tell and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Quilty Article – January/February 2014

1. Pingback: Online Learning - It's Serious Business! - Blossom Heart Quilts

2. Pingback: Sew Cute Tuesday - Blossom Heart Quilts

3. Congratulations Christa and I will be looking for this magazine so I can read your article!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

4. That is SO awesome, Christa! You totally deserve it. Congratulations!

5. Karen Seitz says:

How exciting! I will be sure to check it out. I hope to pick up this issue tomorrow.

6. What a wonderful accomplishment! We are so happy for you! Keep on going…you’ll be signing our books soon!

7. woohoo for you! that is a fantastic way to kick of 2014 for sure!
    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

8. Super cool! Big fat congratulations to you!

9. Melissa says:

You go girl!!!!! Great article, too!

10. Mary Ann says:

Will be doing my errands in a day or two so will be picking up the latest magazine. Even though I am old enough to be your mother and hers; I really like the magazine. Have bought each issue since they were published.

11. Congratulations Christa! All your hard work is paying off. You deserve it! PS. I love to quilt in my jammies, too!

12. Congratulations! Can’t wait for the frigid temperature to warm up, so I can get a copy of the magazine. Always fun to read your articles/posts.

13. Terry says:

Congratulations…what exciting news!!!

14. Lori Smanski says:

congrats, this is so exciting

15. sbrctag says:

Congratulations! Wishing you much success in your future quilts and articles!

16. JulieCC says:

I just read that yesterday. :-) I’ve been in the media several times and yes, the editing is always very interesting. The one that changed the most was Woman’s World – I actually laughed at it when I read it, and it was supposed to be a tear-jerker.

Congratulations for all the love and exposure!

17. Leigh Anne says:

Congratulations Christa!

18. Lindsey says:

Congrats! That’s really exciting! :)

19. shecanquilt says:

Congratulations Christa, I will try to pick one up.

20. Becky in Georgia says:

Congrats! Look forward to reading your article!

21. Jayne says:

What a cool thing…Congratulations! The start of a great New Year!

22. Oh Christa…this is soooo exciting! Congratulations on your new year success. I bought it.. its fabulous and I recognized you, I love see folks I blog with in print.

23. Congrats Christa! Quilty is my favorite quilting magazine. I’m going to pick up a copy ASAP.

24. Peggy P says:

Congrats Christa! You’re getting to be a regular in Quilty! Looking forward to reading the article.

25. Amanda Best says:

Congratulations, Christa! How exciting!

26. Jess says:

How fantastic! Huge congrats Christa.

Oh Christa…this is soooo exciting! Congratulations on your new year success. I know that there will be a lot more of you to come. Yeah!!!

28. Lis Ostiguy says:

Congratulations! Christa it is a credit to your hard work that you are being recognized. Can’t wait to read your article.